Thursday, November 7, 2013

Olive Oil And Mango Butter Leave-In Conditioning Cream By Elasta QP.

This is a new addition to the Elasta QP Hair Care/Maintenance Line. 




When I visited the beauty supply store a while back, I noticed that all of the Elasta QP products have a new look. I decided to wait until the Olive Oil And Mango Butter Moisturizer that I was currently using was finished before I purchased anything else! No product junkie - LOL!!!

Old packaging. This is the one that I was using before.
 I am not even sure if I should say that the both of them are the same thing, just repackaged. The consistency is the same, but the formula with the new packaging has no lanolin, and smells slightly different. No lanolin, means less greasy feel, which is a definite plus for me. It works the same great way.

New packaging, same consistency, less greasy.

These are the ingredients:
Aqua, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olive Oil, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter/Mango Butter, Argania Spinosa Nut Oil/Argan Oil, Coco Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract/Rosemary Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit/Shea Butter, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Propylene Glycol, Dimethecone, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, DMDM Hydatoin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysprbate 20, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Oil/Carrot Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronelal, d-Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool

Note: This is a protein-based leave-in conditioner and styling butter.

I found this product - the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In Moisturizer - early in my HHJ (Healthy Hair Journey) when it started in September 2011. I learned about it on the hair sites that I am a member of - them being, K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Sista), and Hairlista. It is a staple of mine, because my hair loves it, especially in the colder months. I have another product from Elasta QP that I use as well, which I showed in my "how I shampoo my hair" video.

Super easy and very popular protective style - the donut bun.

This heavy buttery formula, keeps my hair very moisturized and full of healthy sheen. It also helps to control my sometimes fly away hair. All I do is put on a scarf for about 10 mins after styling my hair with the EQPOMB. It will slick it the way that gel would, and it will stay neat for most of the day.

I rate this product and will always have it in my arsenal. Got thirsty, unruly hair? Then try this. It works for all hair types, you just have to use less or more at a time depending on your hair needs. Pick up any formula you want, they both work great.

Price: < or >$6.49 + tax

If you need help with knowing how to differentiate between a protein-based hair product and a moisture-based hair product, read this article.

2 comments:

  1. ya know...i saw this in the BSS and i thought about getting it because they ran out of the Mango Butter Moisturizer but looking at those ingredients, i may have to go back and get it! Thanks for this review girl!:)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kim, and thanks for stopping by. Yes girl, go ahead and get it, it works. :)

      Delete