Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blog URL Change - I've Been Hacked!


Hello Everyone,

Just before Thanksgiving last year, my personal Facebook account and this blog had been hacked. As a result of this I was unable to add content from my blog to Facebook - I couldn't post links to my blog articles on Facebook, and neither could anyone who wanted to share my articles on there.

I had reported the matter to Facebook many, many, many times, but they never did anything to help me. From Blogger, I did get a few responses, but nothing they suggested worked. The situation was stressful, but I really didn't let it get to me. I just kept on publishing.

Recently, I got the idea to change my blog's url to see if that would rectify the issue, and it did; but, when something gets fixed, another gets broken. 

Since my blog has been moved to a new url, those of you who do follow it may find that it is now missing, and any articles that I have posted in the past, or will post now you will not be able to see them. The widget "search this blog" is not functioning, but all the other widgets are. The "search this blog" widget allows readers to quickly find an article by entering keywords. I will keep working on it to see if I can figure out how to get it functioning correctly again.

Additionally, those of you who know me from the hair sites Hairlista and K.I.S.S. I also need to let you know that I am also having problems directly posting my videos on there. To get my videos posted, I have to write a blog article and embed the videos from You Tube. All these things started happening at the same time last year. I am not sure if they are related. I did contact both site owners but was ignored.

It has been a disgusting ride, and I felt helpless and even worse when I reached out and was ignored and/or danced around in a circle, only to end up just where I began.

It really is the pits having put all this effort and time into writing articles, and someone who I don't know can sit down and write a program to have all of my hard work screwed up or even erased! Ughhhhhh!!!

I sent messages to everyone in my Followers list using the blog's messaging system, but I don't think the messages get delivered using this method. I am saying so because I have tried using this as a method of contact before, and the person to whom I sent the message informed me that she never got it. It is a good thing that I had other ways to contact her. As well as, I have gotten no responses from any of the people I sent messages to.

Anyway, the url of my blog is now http://www.beflawlessandfancy.blogspot.com/  Even though things look the same to me on the site, clearly they aren't.

I will be working on this to fix it as best as I can. I would greatly appreciate it if you would subscribe to the new url, and re-join the site so that we can be connected again.

Thanks so much for listening, and for you support. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't noticed, but when I checked I wasn't receiving any new blog post notices. So sorry this happened to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robin, thank you for your kind words. Girl, I have had enough trials and tribulations with this blog for the past 6 months. I was even considering moving it to Wordpress, but then Wordpress was hacked recently! I dunno, I thought about just deleting it or simply abandoning it, but folks tell me they enjoy reading my posts. I just don't have time nor like to entertain foolishness! I like sharing things with others when I can, and that is what has kept me going, and was the main reason for starting the blog in the first place. Oh well.......Jesus take the wheel!

      Delete