Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Day At The Vintage Apparel Market.

You have not seen vintage clothing and accessories for sale until you take a look these from the Dallas Vintage Clothing Market, which was open from March 15th-16th at the Grapevine Convention Center!!!

There was some pieces of clothing there over 90 years old! They were very, very fragile though, and should someone purchase them, they would definitely have to be for collecting purposes.

I just started doing corset training, and I was hoping to see some of the originals from yester year. To my surprise, there were none. I went on the Saturday, so maybe they did have and they had already sold out.


I enjoyed perusing these things that people of long ago wore, and how much today's fashion is influenced by the designs. Then again, every 2 decades styles repeat themselves I tell ya, the textile maybe different, but the design is similar/inspired by.

I didn't buy anything though, I just went to look. Feast your eyes.....





 
Handmade, custom designed statement-piece jewelry.
A close-up of one of the handmade statement pieces.
Another close-up
                               







Vanity hand mirrors, jewelry boxes and picture frames. They had heft!
I don't think this was hers! LOL! It was only $145.00

I can't remember the last time I have seen a handkerchief! Do people still carry those?
This skirt was made in the 1920's. It was super fragile.

Garments extending from the Edwardian era to the 1960's.
















                                                                               





















No comments:

Post a Comment