Friday, January 4, 2013

EBOOST! Huh? What's That? What Does It Do?

I received this in both my Influenster Naturals and Beauty Bloggers VoxBoxes. The flavor I received both times was the orange flavor! I hated it! It was TERRIBLE! OMG!! I couldn't finish it and had to throw it out! It did not do what it claimed - to boost energy and the immune system. Well obviously not, since I couldn't drink it in the first place!

I went ahead and tried this one, but already having an opinion based on the one I had before, I was extremely skeptical. The açaí pomegranate flavor was actually not bad at all (thank God), and I drank the whole thing!! LOL!! 

It does not taste like your regular juicy or sports drink. It does have a definite taste that says, "I am not juice"! LOL! I believe though that if you have been running for miles, and you got this to drink, you would be very grateful - the taste wouldn't matter. It did not leave a bitter and oily taste on my tongue like the orange flavored one. In my opinion they should either discontinue that flavor or improve on it! PLEASE!!

It is an effervescent powder, and I added the contents of the packet to 8fl oz of water, even though it says to add it to 12fl oz of water. Then, I put it into the refrigerator overnight because it wouldn't have behooved me to consume an energy booster just before bed time! I just took a sip, to get a taste for it. The next day the froth at the top was gone, but the taste was the same. I drank it before I went to the gym. 

I cannot say that it gave me any extra energy than I usually have. Also, it is impossible to quantify if my immune system was boosted because I have not been using these over a period of time.

I am not a person who uses energy drinks. I like to drink my plain water when I work out - that is just a personal preference. For this reason I would not purchase this product. If you are someone who prefers energy drinks, you can check these out. They come in single serve packets as well as shots, and these are the average prices:

$28 for a box of 20 effervescent powders = $1.40/pkt
$39 for a box of 30 effervescent powders = $1.30/pkt
$39 for a box of 12 shots = $3.25 each

On the back of the packet it says that it is a premium formula of vitamins, minerals and super nutrients that deliver energy to boost your workout and your life. It contains no sugar, or artificial flavors and only has 10 calories. It is also gluten and soy free.

You can visit the EBOOST website here to see the other flavors, as well as if you are interested in purchasing. They also stock vitamins. This product is endorsed by celebrity fitness trainer/coach Jillian Michaels of NBC's Weight Loss Reality show, The Biggest Loser.


To see everything I received in my Holiday 2012 VoxBox, please click here.






2 comments: