Friday, October 26, 2012

▓♥▓ Look Like A Goddess With NYC For Brown Eyes & K.I.S.S. Ever Pro Lashes ▓♥▓




This is the second look that I did using the NYC Palette For Brown Eyes that I received in My Influenster Beauty Bloggers 2012 Vox Box. If you missed Look1, then click here to see it. The eye shadows in this palette are fashioned to compliment brown-eyed eye shadow wearers, and can be used to create a simple look, or one that is more dramatic. I also noticed, that these colors can be used to make Sfx (special effects) makeup wounds look realistic.

The video tutorial below demonstrates how to re-create this look. When I do makeup tutorials, I always make sure that I do looks that would suit any eye shape.


You can find NYC products at your local mass merchandisers such as Walmart, and nearby pharmacies.  The Palette For Brown Eyes contains 4 powder eye shadows to compliment brown eyes, as well as an eye shadow primer, an applicator, and an illuminator to brighten up the eye shadow look. It is also available in colors for green eyes and blue eyes, as well as smokey browns, blues and greens. Price range: $4.47 - $5, and is available also online at www.newyorkcolor.com

For my lovely darker skin toned divas and divos, yes, you too can use the NYC For Brown Eyes Palette. The colors are not chalky/ashy, are easy to blend, and would compliment all skin tones. However, they are not super pigmented, so this is great for those of you who don't wear a lot of makeup, or are not looking for dramatic look. Of course, you can build the pigmentation by using other products as bases first, and then layering the shadow like I did.

The K.I.S.S. Everpro Lashes Starter Kit is not new to the market either, you can find it at most beauty supply stores or where ever beauty products are sold. Price range: $5.99 - $6.50

They are said to be made of 100% human hair. What I can say about them is that they are durable, washable and re-usable. If you are a beginner or already a pro at applying lashes, you would definitely want to try this starter kit. The lash applicator allows you to grasp the falsies, to be able to place them on your lids properly. 

I did not care for the adhesive because it takes too long to get tacky, and that makes the eyelashes not be able to stick properly. I have used many different brands of strip-lash adhesives, but none have yet to beat the Duo brand!






♦▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♥▪☼▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♦

Eyes: 
NYC For Brown Eyes Palette
Mascara - They're Real by Benefit
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil - Dark Brown
K.I.S.S. Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit
NYX Loose Glitter - Silver
LA Splash Splashproof Eyeliner Sealer

Cheeks:
Coastal Scents 10 Color Blush Palette

Lips:
Lypsyl Lip Balm
OCC Lip Tar - Sybil

Brushes/Tools:
Coastal Scents Applicator Brush - Pink Collection
MAC - #217, #213, #205
Wolfe Face Art Fx - Eyeliner Brush
E.L.F.  - Smudge Brush
Coastal Scents Fan Brush (Large)
OCC Mini Lip Brush (came with Lip Tar)

♦▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♥▪☼▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♦

Click here to see my everyday makeup look using this same palette from NYC.

♦▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♥▪☼▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♥▪♦

Click here to see all the goodies that I got in my 2012BBVB.

2 comments: