Friday, August 31, 2012

Products Of The Month - August 2012

These are my choices for August.

Simple is a known brand that is formulated for use by those of us who have sensitive skin. Their products are not colored, nor scented, they are just kind to skin. They definitely get the job done without leaving the skin tight, itchy, or dry feeling. This overnight face cream I love because my skin type is normal to dry, and it gives maximum moisturization overnight. When I get up in the morning, my skin feels soft and supple. It is rich, thick, but yet still light, and a little is all you need to thoroughly moisturize your whole face. YAY!! Thumbs up!!

Available online, and at most pharmacies and mass merchandisers. Price Range: $10.56 - $12.99. Container size: 1.07oz/50g.


Mixed Silk by Silk Elements I think is a dupe for Mixed Chicks, nevertheless this product works great. I found it at my local Sally's Beauty. Just like the Mixed Chicks line, Mixed Silk is formulated for those of us who have naturally wavy/curly to kinky/coily hair. This is a protein-based leave-in conditioner which helps to define your curls and waves. If you have naturally straight hair or bone-straight relaxed hair, you can use this as well to create texture. I found that it doubles extremely well as a setting lotion.

It has a really nice clean floral smell (if you can imagine what that is like), and does define curls and waves without leaving the hair crunchy or hard, while moisturizing it all at the same time! It can also by used to tame fly-aways, and smooth ponytails and braided extensions. The consistency is light, and semi-fluid. I am glad that I gave this product a try. I currently do use other products by Silk Elements, and have yet to be disappointed by any of them.

These are the ingredients.
WATER ,AMODIMETHICONE ,WHEAT AMINO ACIDS ,STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE ,GLYCERIN ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,POLYSORBATE 60 ,METHYL GLUCETH-20 ,GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE ,HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE ,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL ,CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL ,OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL ,SILK AMINO ACIDS ,HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE ,METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE ,YELLOW 5 ,YELLOW 6 ,FRAGRANCE ,ALPHA ISOMETHYL IONONE ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,CITRONELLOL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL ,LIMONENE ,LINALOOL

Container size: 17.25fl.oz/510ml. Price: $7.99. If you have a Sally's Beauty Club card, then you will get it for even less. 


Feel free to:
~Comment and subscribe to my Flawless and Fancy blog, You Tube Channel and Facebook page!

~Share my articles or videos.

Comment and subscribe - it's FREE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment