Saturday, March 17, 2012

Awesome Shampoo And Conditioner

In Texas where I live, the water is hard so I was on my quest to find a good sulfate-free shampoo and and equally awesome moisture-based deep conditioner.  I shampoo my hair once weekly and deep condition twice weekly. I alternate between moisture and protein-based deep conditioners based on my hair needs.  


I have been using these two products for about 6 months, and I think that is quite enough time to have experienced them enough to be able to give a review. They are from the Kera Minerals line by Silk Elements.




The Shampoo...

This formula is sodium lauryl sulfate-free and has a nice, rich consistency. It gently cleans without stripping the hair completely, leaving it dry. After shampooing, your hair feels, soft, clean and manageable. Smells great too. A little goes a long way. I am still on my first bottle of shampoo since I bought it 6 months ago!!! I use it once weekly. 

Ingredients: water (aqua,eau), disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, sodium lauroamphohydroxypropylsulfonate, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, cocamide mipa, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, cetyl palmitate, polyquaternium-10, phenoxyethanol, fragrance(perfum), beheneth-10, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, hydrogenated castor oil, glyceryl stearate, polyquaternium-7, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, sericin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, saccharomyces/zinc ferment, saccharomyces/iron ferment, saccharomyces/silicon ferment, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl benzoate.

The Conditioner...
,
This formula contains moisturizing ingredients that give maximum slip (the degree to which hair is easy to manipulate/comb through) to the hair. I experience  ZERO tangles after deep conditioning with this, and my hair is super smooth and silky. I use my hooded dryer when I deep condition since this action helps the product to better penetrate the hair shaft. I am heavy handed with my conditioners so they usually go faster than my shampoos. I think one of these lasts me about 6 weeks. I use it twice monthly. 

Ingredients: water (aqua,eau), cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycol stearate, amodimethicone, glycol distearate, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-7, sericin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, propylene glycol, rosa moschata seed oil, peg-75 lanolin, benzophenone-4, sodium pca, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, benzyl benzoate.

If you :

  • are stretching your relaxers,
  • are transitioning to natural or texlaxed (hair which is purposely underprocessed with a relaxer), 
  • have your hair  texturized
  • wear your hair natural whether curly or straight, 

you are going to love this combo.

The deep conditioner leaves your hair moisturized for days after using it. These two are the business!!

They are available at your local Sally's Beauty Supply, or on www.sallybeauty.com for $6.49 each.






2 comments:

  1. Nice review!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T. :) These are really wonderful!!

      Delete